Pages

Dinner for One

Many feel that it is not worth cooking for one, especially when it involves something more elaborate. I don't  think the same way, although I don't live alone, I find myself doing single servings quite often. I think its fun and allows me to experiment with different ingredients or use the same everyday ingredients in a more creative way, besides who is the artist that doesn't love to admire their masterpiece.  So if you live alone, have a family with different tastes, or just a different schedule from everyone else, cooking a single meal doesn't have to be an undesirable task. I found this article that may help you on your way to making cooking for one an enjoyable task.   Here is something simple, and  healthy that I whipped up one of these days with basic ingredients.


Just purée some well cooked carrots, braise some red cabbage with onions and garlic, and steam cook a piece of salmon with lemon juice and herbs. Plate using a round mold. Layer the carrots, cabbage and on top the flaked salmon. 

Now doesn't that give you more pleasure to eat than just a simple piece of fish on a plate!

Hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...