Pages

Curried Rice with Shrimp and Mango

I love to cook, but best of all I love to experience new things and new flavors. With this in mind I try to use everything that I have in refrigerator and pantry, so that nothing will go to waste. I had a mango laying around getting too ripe, I decided that it was time to use it the best way possible, so I remembered something I ate in a take out health food restaurant that was very similar. Here it goes ...



Ingredients:

1 cup of long grain rice
2 cups of water
1/2 mango cut in small squares
15-20 small unpeeled shrimp (frozen) or 1 can of small shrimp
1 onion thinly sliced
1 tbsp. of curry powder
1/2 Lime
Coriander
Olive Oil
Salt

Preparation:

Cover the bottom of a saucepan with some olive oil and add the onion. Cook until onion is transparent, and then add the curry powder. Stir for about a minute to cook the powder, and then add the rice. Mix well to insure that all the rice is covered with the curry, and allow to "fry" for about 3 minutes. Add the water and shrimp to the rice and season with salt. Let cook in medium heat until most of the water has evaporated (approx. 15 minutes). To finish off add the mango and sprinkle with coriander. Before serving drizzle the lime juice on top of the rice.

Quick and easy with and exotic twist.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...